Tangle of Extension Rebuilds?

Paul VanHouten paulvh at direcway.com
Mon May 3 14:07:06 EDT 2004

I am attempting to build the bsddb3-4.2.4 extension for incorporating
the Berkeley Db (4.2.52) into Python on a Win XP platform.  I used
VC++.Net to build the  Berkeley Db dll/lib/exe files. I don't have
VC++ 6 nor can you but it now.  The bsddb3-4.2.4 build failed
complaining that Python was built with VC++ 6.  I assume I can rebuild
Python with VC++.Net but if I do will other existing extensions cease
to work and require rebuilding?  Yikes!  Suggestions?