Dabo 3-tier desktop framework for data-aware apps

francois lepoutre franck.lepoutre at caramail.com
Wed May 12 11:27:42 EDT 2004

Hi Ed and Paul,

I've seen your announcement on comp.lang.*
Findind ex-vfpers working on python is nice,
on wxpython. This is a superb piece of news!

I was in Europython last year but found not
one european vfp-er among the folks there.
Engineering people mostly.

My feeling was: well i'm the only one with
the typical "business + db experience"
that vfp-ers have have for years.

Sure python offers the kind of smart
interpreter-based dev. environment that
the foxpro community has enjoyed for
years.

Possibly I made the wrong choice...
Your announcement may make a change
within the vfp community.

You're right. It's about time foxpro-ers
to commit to the python community
and even more important to the wxpython
user group.

A general feeling about community support
for vfp-ers, wikis are nice but mailing-lists are
a question of choice (i definitely dislike them)...

What about a forum or newsgroup kind
of support "à la UT" with personal pictures
and other community stuff ? and why not
a dabo annoucement on UT first?

François