network programming without goto (refactoring)

Sibylle Koczian Sibylle.Koczian at Bibliothek.Uni-Augsburg.de
Mon Nov 29 10:02:01 EST 2004

Nick Coghlan schrieb:
> Roy Smith wrote:
>
>>  Jeff Shannon <jeff at ccvcorp.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In Python, exceptions use 'raise', not 'throw'...
>>
>> Doh!  I guess it shows that I've been doing a lot of C++ lately :-)
>
> Heh. I'm working on a Python test harness that uses a C++ hardware
> interface module. I keep writing raise on the C++ side and throw on the
> Python side.

Isn't "throw something" a much more aggressive act than "raise
something", and might that help? But English isn't my native language so
I may be quite wrong.

--
Dr. Sibylle Koczian
Universitaetsbibliothek, Abt. Naturwiss.

Tel.: (0821) 598-2400, Fax : (0821) 598-2410
e-mail : Sibylle.Koczian at Bibliothek.Uni-Augsburg.DE