Python needs a CPyAN

EP EP at zomething.com
Tue Nov 2 16:23:39 EST 2004

> Building a CPyAN will be a big job, no question.  But I think that for
> the Python community and for the Python Software Foundation, it should
> be job number one.

I must admit I found CPAN quite nice when I used Perl, and it would be terrific to have an equivalent for Python modules, at least for those of us using Windows boxes.

but... sometimes it's a matter of a bridge too far.

Afterall, the Perl guys had more than one way to do it (CPAN)...

P.S.  if Python reflects original thinking, why are so many Python modules named "   py    "?