cherrypy/cheetah vs twisted/nevow

has has.temp2 at virgin.net
Fri Nov 5 11:57:21 EST 2004

Carlos Ribeiro <carribeiro at gmail.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.5867.1099489510.5135.python-list at python.org>...
> On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 00:39:59 +0100, bruno modulix <onurb at xiludom.gro> wrote
> :
> > Carlos Ribeiro a  crit :
> > (snip)
> > > I'm yet to study nevow, but I'm getting more and more interested. I
> > > have my own approach to separation; I use to think about a third
> > > entity, "structure", as being independent from code & ui. The
> > > structure is the common part; it's the "glue" between ui and code; and
> > > it's the first part to be designed.
> >
> > Err... I may have missed something obvious, but doesn't this smells like
> > a good old MVC ?-)
>
> In a way, you're right. The problem is that none of the templating
> models that I know of completely separates the 'M' from the 'V'.

Plenty of templating systems allow Model-View separation. Not all
*enforce* it, but this is a matter of philosophy [1], not an indicator
that a template system is good or bad.

Some templating systems (e.g. Nevow.Renderer, PyMeld and HMTLTemplate)
additionally separate presentation logic from markup via an approach
that's strongly reminiscent of Apple-style MVC, where the View layer
consists purely of GUI widget/template node instances and the
Controller layer contains code for (1) manipulating these objects and
(2) connecting to the Model layer.

HTH

has

--

[1] i.e. just an excuse for BDSM freaks and godless liberal Lispers to
have a good rammy now and again. Any competent developer will