LRU cache (and other things missing from the standard library ...)

Evan Prodromou evan at bad.dynu.ca
Wed Nov 10 16:26:23 EST 2004

Gerhard,

I agree that LRU caches are a data structure too frequently
re-implemented in Python. I'd also like to see a "standard" cache
package, either as part of the standard library or elsewhere.
To that end, I've just uploaded an LRU cache package to the Python
Package Index:

http://www.python.org/pypi?:action=display&name=lrucache&version=0.2

Please, let me know if there are features you'd need from a cache class
that aren't present, implementation improvements that could be made, or
what have you. I'm working on a version 0.3 that includes a transparent
cache wrapper and LRU memoization for functions.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou                  .O.
http://bad.dynu.ca/~evan/       ..O