GPL and Python modules.

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Oct 25 15:09:41 EDT 2004

On 2004-10-25, Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
> Grant Edwards wrote:

>> I guess I could just tell py2exe to also include the .py files
>> in the install directory.  There's still the problem of the
>> time/cost required to support them.
>>
>>> But as long as you don't mind people seeing, redistributing,
>>> and modifying your source,
>>
>> The problem is the time spent answering questions and helping
>> the people who have the source code.
>
> Whatever gave you the idea you are obligated to provide support?!

Experience.

Customers seem to have no problem with not getting source code,
but once you _do_ give them source code then you have to
support it.  Ignoring customers when they ask questions about
the source code has always proven in past experience to be "not
an option."

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  If elected, Zippy
                                  at               pledges to each and every