kinterbase and stored procedure

Gandalf gandalf at geochemsource.com
Mon Oct 11 10:28:34 EDT 2004

> cursor = kinterbasdb.connect(...)
> cursor.excute(SPSETUP)
>
> But it seems that anything has problems with "SET TERM !!" expression
> . If I use the DB SQL console, everything seems to be OK (the proc is
> setup)

Yes, that is true. The "SET TERM" command is not really a command that
is processed by the backend.
Please note that the terminator is used to separate commands. However,
you will (normally) execute only one
command at a time with "cursor.execute". So you should create your
procedure without the "SET TERM".
InterBase will surely know that this is only one command. You can try to
run the "SET TERM" command
in a separate "cursor.execute", but probably that is not needed. I had
the same problem with Oracle triggers
before - you must not place the ending "/" character when createing
Oracle triggers from your own program.

Please let me know if it helps.
Best,

   Laci 2.0