GPL and Python modules.

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Oct 25 16:52:00 EDT 2004

On 2004-10-25, Jorge Godoy <godoy at ieee.org> wrote:
> Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com> writes:
>
>> On 2004-10-25, Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Evil, nasty customers, we hates them!  They asks us questions
>>> and pays us money for our precioussssss time.
>>
>> Except they don't.  (Pay that is.)
>
> And I thought that just us down here didn't get paid for work and had to
> go after the customer to receive...

It's not really that.  The situation is more like:

 Customer orders A.
 Customer pays for A.
 Customer needs support for A.
 Customer gets support for A.

No problem, so far.

 You give customer some GPL software B along with written
 statement that free support is not provided for B.

 Customer want's help with B.

Sales is _not_ going to let you tell Customer that you don't
provide support for B.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Is there something
                                  at               I should be DOING with a