ctypes 0.9.2 released

Ganesan R rganesan at myrealbox.com
Fri Oct 29 08:28:52 CEST 2004

> Future plans
>     The ultimate purpose of the 0.9 release series is to shake out the
>     remaining bugs, especially on platforms I have no access to, and
>     to target a rock stable ctypes 1.0 release.
>     When ctypes 1.0 is released, the com framework will be split off
>     into a separate framework named 'comtypes'.

Congratulations! I maintain ctypes for debian. I am holding off uploading
the 0.9 versions because they don't support Python 2.2. A Python 2.2 package
was present in debian for ctypes 0.6.2, I want to be sure that no one is
using it before uploading 0.9.x.

That aside, I am wondering if it isn't time to push ctypes for inclusion
into the standard Python distribution. Too late for Python 2.4, but how
about Python 2.5?