Python to Python communication

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 11 11:42:17 EDT 2004

Harald Massa wrote:

> pyro - Python Remote Objects. Irmen de Jong has a "get Firefox" icon on
> it's page and he plays with the name "pyro", which makes a good
> impression.

Hey, thanks :)

> It looks rather "ripe", but: he is talking about "pyro 4.0"
> which will be incompatible with pyro 3.4 and a total redesign. That makes
> me shudder.

Pyro is "ripe"... version 3.0 was released Q4, 2002, so the 3.x
versions have been around and in active use for 2 years now.

I've been talking about Pyro 4.0 for a long time, but we haven't
even begun the real design of it. Partly because of lack of time,
partly because Pyro 3.x does its job so well (not my own words).

What is it that makes you shudder?
If you don't want to switch to Pyro 4.0 once (if??) it is released,
just continue using Pyro 3.x. I have no intentions of abandoning
the 3.x version: if there is an itch, or a bug, it will be addressed.

Regards,

Irmen de Jong