Fedora 1 and Eric3

Markus Wankus markus_wankusGETRIDOFALLCAPS at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 24 11:19:31 EDT 2004

Bats wrote:

> Bats had this to say:
>

>>Has anyone here managed to install Eric (Python GUI) on Fedora Core 1?
>>I have had no end of sh*t from qscintilla right on up. It seems I have to
>>jump through an endless series of hoops in a certain order to get to the
>>end.
>>
>>Any step-by-step kinda help?
>>
>>*:*
>
> Ah well.... no feedback.

Well.. I can give you feedback but it is kind of useless.  I have found
that no matter what distro I used - Fedora 1 or otherwise - getting that
program to work (along with all of its seemingly circular dependencies)
was a very unpleasant experience and one I never succeeded at.  There is
something to be said for the simplicity of Windows installers...

All I can say is keep trying, and Google this newsgroup.  This has come
up here before - you are not alone...

Markus.