Python in Process Control?

Peter L Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Oct 1 09:14:40 EDT 2004

Wolfgang Keller wrote:
> There seem to be some Python bits out there, for example MatPLC and
> Lintouch use Python and some commercial products as well (PyDACHS), but
> unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a more or less consistent library
> for industrial automation or a coordinated effort to build up one.

What, in your opinion, would it take to start one?  I'm able to
offer the use of a server to host a web site, and would be happy
to register a domain name or something, but those are the easy
bits.  Some kind of core group to get it off the group is likely
more important than a name, though sometimes threads in this
group might lead one to suspect otherwise. ;-)

-Peter