reverse Jython

Maurice LING mauriceling at acm.org
Tue Oct 19 01:48:56 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm looking for a suitable thesis topic, so I hope that I can gather
some advice on this area that I'm thinking of.

Jython appears as a relatively successful attempt to bridge Python to
Java and I find that the best part is that it can convert Python codes
into Java codes. As said in the webpage, it is a python interpreter
written in Java. I am wondering if it is worth reversing this, that is,
a Java interpreter implemented in Python?

A Google search comes up with JPI and PyJava.

Is this still a viable area to look into or it is too done?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Maurice