Multiple XML-RPC calls over the same connection?

Jeremy Bowers jerf at jerf.org
Sat Oct 30 13:09:51 EDT 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:47:57 -0700, Roger Binns wrote:

> Jeremy Bowers wrote:
>> I would point out the XML-RPC is built on HTTP and XML and
>> theoretically inherits the benefits and disadvantages of both.
>
> The default implementation uses HTTP as a transport, but that is
> not a requirement.

No, it is actually written into the spec.

http://xmlrpc.scripting.com/spec

"An XML-RPC message is an HTTP-POST request." - right there in the
overview, and the author means it; he's said it directly to me.

Like I said, I think it is time to revise it to make the encoding
separate from the transport, but it already has been so revised out in the
wild.