I sing the praises of lambda, my friend and savior!

Dave Benjamin ramen at lackingtalent.com
Mon Oct 11 13:00:11 EDT 2004

In article <mailman.4711.1097512597.5135.python-list at python.org>, Clark C. Evans wrote:
> What? is lambda is going away?  Say it ain't so!

They keep threatening it, and it keeps not happening. In the meantime, we
can use this time to our advantage, preparaing our vocal chords for the
eventual screaming fits and wails of agonizing pain. ;)

>| >Not that it's coming any time soon, but Python 3000 is supposed to remove
>| >lambda functions
>
> Expect me to whine very loudly on a daily basis when Python 3000
> becomes near.  In fact, let the preemptive supplication begin.

Since enough time has gone by since I last whined, let me just take this
opportunity to say, in a completely calm, diplomatic, and
non-confrontational way: "Ruby-style code blocks would be nice."

 (o) Don't beg for code blocks again today
 ( ) Don't beg for code blocks again in the next three days
 ( ) Don't beg for code blocks again in the next week

                                                     [ OK ]
--
 .:[ dave benjamin: ramen/[sp00] -:- spoomusic.com -:- ramenfest.com ]:.
        "talking about music is like dancing about architecture."