Easy web session module with Python?

Johnathan Doe johnathan_doeNOSPAMTHANKS at fastmail.com.au
Wed Oct 13 23:50:09 EDT 2004

Hi,  I'm looking for an easy way to do web development with Python
(session handling a-la ASP/JSP/PHP, that kind of thing).  I've looked at
PythonWeb.org but it has bugs because it's not tested on UNIX platforms
it seems (I've created some patches and sent them to the author), and a
quick browse through PyPI in the mature/stable packages doesn't reveal
much hope, unless I've missed something.  I've googled for session
handling with Python, and it seems something called "pso" would be ok,
but that is only mod_python as far as I know, and I may need something
that works with cgi only hosts.

I could write my own I suppose, but surely someone has done this before?
  Thanks for any tips!

Johnathan