Include pysqlite2 into Python 2.5?

Simon Brunning simon.brunning at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 04:58:51 EDT 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 00:33:34 +0200, Alex Martelli <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Young and idealistic, I assume.  Care to name two more SQL engines
> accepting exactly the same dialect as sqlite...?-)

Err, well, idealistic, perhaps. ;-)

In practice, as you say, you often have to tweak your SQL for
different engines. But you really can minimise this by sticking to the
basics. Joe Celko's "I Will Never Have To Port This Code: Debunking
shortcuts and SQL myths"[1] is worth a look, but I can speak from
experience here. I'm working on a system where we mirror parts of an
iSeries DB2 database down to SQL Server. I can and do write even
fairly complex queries that work on both.

Eventually.

--
Cheers,
Simon B,