porting Python

Jive Dadson jdadson at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 21:25:29 EDT 2004

Is there documentation on how to port Python to a new operating system?
The system has a lot of posix/MSWindows system calls.  By hacking around
on the Windows version a bit, I've been able to get it to compile and
run some simple programs, writing to files and whatnot.  But I really
don't know what I'm doing.  Right now I'm having trouble getting
"threading" to load.  I haven't figured out how to set up the search
path, "site.py", and no telling what else.

Thanks.