Processing a MySQL Dump file with Python

Nico Grubert nicogrubert at arcor.de
Mon Oct 4 03:21:49 EDT 2004

Hi there,

I need to parse a textfile (~400 MByte) which represents a complete
MySQL dump (including table definitions and data records) .
How can I process a MySQL dump file with python? Is there any Python
module that can parse MySQL dump files -- or
can I somehow call the MySQL interpreter in background to pass the dump
file to it so the SQL Dump is imported in order
to write the tables and data into the MySQL database?

Thanks in advance,
Nico