Python to Python communication

Harald Massa cpl.19.ghum at spamgourmet.com
Mon Oct 11 19:44:45 EDT 2004

Alan Kennedy <alanmk at hotmail.com> wrote in

[Thomas Guettler]
>> Peer to peer: There is no central server. All can talk to each other.
>> The problem is: How to find the other? If there are on one computer

Yes, considering my challenge "peer to peer" would fit best

> Or use a peer-to-peer library that has solved all of those problems
> already
>
> http://www.python.org/other/spread/

Yeah, spread looks beautifull from it's documentation. But I failed in
setting up ... the python-module is prepared for spread 3.16.4, actual is
3.17.2, which has total different librarynames to start with ... so

python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32 fails badly when trying to link.

Has someone succeeded in doing a windows build for python 2.3.4 and spread
3.17.2 ??? I would be very thankfull for a howto or a spread.pyd :)

Harald