Social Analysis and Modeling for Python

Tim Churches tchur at optushome.com.au
Sat Oct 2 00:03:00 CEST 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 04:46, Corey Coughlin wrote:
> Actually, back in school, I worked for a sociology professor doing a
> human population simulator, where we had all these people objects and
> a set of functions that updated their attributes as time went on, but
> we were forced to do it in C to have in run on the campus
> supercomputer, so it wasn't what you'd call object oriented.  I can
> see how using Python would make the modeling aspects a lot simpler.
> So, to sum, sounds cool, hope you have a lot of sucess with it.

Yes, my 9 yr old son loves playing SimCity (so do I) - see
http://simcity.ea.com A political economy plug-in for SimCity would be
cool. Maybe the Social Analysis and Modeling for Python project should
also look at the Pygame framework (see http://www.pygame.org )? Just
don't tell the academics...

--

Tim C

PGP/GnuPG Key 1024D/EAF993D0 available from keyservers everywhere
or at http://members.optushome.com.au/tchur/pubkey.asc
Key fingerprint = 8C22 BF76 33BA B3B5 1D5B  EB37 7891 46A9 EAF9 93D0