py2exe 0.5.4 released
theller at python.net
Fri Oct 22 21:06:18 CEST 2004
**py2exe 0.5.4** released
py2exe is a Python distutils extension which converts python scripts
into executable windows programs, able to run without requiring a
python installation. Console and Windows (GUI) applications, windows
NT services, exe and dll COM servers are supported.
Changes in this release:
* The new ``--xref`` or ``-x`` command line switch instructs
py2exe to create a python module cross reference and display it
in the webbrowser. This allows to answer question why a certain
module has been included, or if you can exlude a certain module
and it's dependencies. This has *not* been extensively tested,
but it's a start. Also, the html page includes links which will
even allow to view the source code of a module in the browser,
for easy inspection.
A sample cross reference can be found here, note that the links
to open the .py files will of course not work over the internet:
* Mark Hammond fixed some thread state issues with dll com
* Mark Hammond added support for standalone ISAPI dlls.
* py2exe now can handle python modules with the '.pyw' extension.
* It is now allowed to specify 'zipfile=None' in the setup script,
in this case the zip archive containing the python modules will
be appended to the exe file.
Download from the usual location:
More information about the Python-list