c compiler on Windows

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Wed Oct 6 05:58:31 EDT 2004

I have a midi library in Python, that currently only works on midi files.

http://www.mxm.dk/products/public/pythonmidi

I want to make it work on realtime midi, with hardware in and out ports.

Currently I am only interrested in making it work on Windows.

So I need to get a bit closer to the metal by using c, as I need to use
timers and other low level stuff. Also the windows midi api is for c, so
I want to write a few small programs in c to get a feel for it.

I am not big on c, but I look forward to learn/refresh it.

Now I wonder wich compiler I should use. I don't have backwards
compatibility issues, but I my goal is to write an interface in wxPython
later, that uses the library.

Previously I would just use VS 6.0, but as far as I understand later
versions of Python are compiled with visual.NET.

So what compiler should I get and install for my purpose?

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/
IT's Mad Science