Python in Process Control?

Wolfgang Keller wolfgang.keller.nospam at gmx.de
Thu Oct 7 13:03:57 EDT 2004

Hello,

> I believe you are talking about the OPC version based 0n COM / DCOM ...
> but there is in the meantime a SOAP based version called OPC XML defined.

You mean XML-DA, I guess?

Indeed, the standardisation of SOAP as a protocol for process control makes
Python an even more interesting candidate for such applications. Because
with Python, implementing SOAP clients and server should be ridiculously
more efficient concerning development effort compared to most lower-level
languages and ridiculously more efficient concerning runtime resource
requirements compared to Java.

Regards,

Wolfgang Keller