What is Python's answer to Perl 6?

Michael Hoffman m.h.3.9.1.without.dots.at.cam.ac.uk at example.com
Sat Oct 30 16:36:38 CEST 2004

gabriele renzi wrote:
> well, they failed to implement all of the tests but those implemented
> actually run faster than  CPython.

Just saying, they said they would deliver it by a certain date and they
didn't. I understand the team is mainly made up of volunteers so I am
sympathetic, but I will still believe their claims only when they prove
them. :)

> Anyway they are at 0.1.1 or something like that. There is time to become
> faster or to disappear completely, I guess

There is also time for CPython or IronPython to become faster during
that time.
--
Michael Hoffman