ctypes 0.9.2 released

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Fri Oct 29 09:56:55 EDT 2004

    >> Seconded!  Python 2.5 should be mostly about standard-library
    >> enhancements, and ctypes would be a huge enhancement to Python's stdlib.

    Just> In general, Guido is very reluctant to accept thing which
    Just> make is easy to cause segfaults. I predict you'll have a

Why is that? Users of ctypes can quite easily understand that when
they are using ctypes, they are not using Python but rather
integrating Python with the environment. Of course using pure Python
code (and integrating with only the C code that is bundled with the
distribution) shouldn't segfault, but with ctypes tho user will know
that the third party code is to blame.

Or are there some security issues?

One of the perceived strengths of Python is the fact that it
integrates well with the platforms it is running on, so it's not an
insulated box like Java.

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb