webserverless Python Wiki Engines: do they exists?

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Fri Oct 8 17:30:58 EDT 2004

Pierre Quentel said unto the world upon 2004-10-08 16:25:
> Brian van den Broek a écrit :
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm looking for a stand alone Python wiki engine that does not require
>> a web server such as Apache or MS IIS. I have found such beasts in
>> other languages (e.g. <http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?EddiesWiki> in C++, and
>> a couple in Ruby), but none written in Python. A pointer to any that
>> I've missed would be most appreciated.
>>

> Have you taken a look at Karrigell (http://karrigell.sourceforge.net) ?
> It's a simple and lightweight web framework, 100% Python, shipped with a
> built-in web server (well, two in fact, one based on SimpleHTTPServer
> and the other on asyncore/asynchat), although it can also work with
> Apache or Xitami
>
> It comes with a wiki server demo which you can use once you've started
> the server
>
> A+
> Pierre

Thanks for the suggestion, Pierre.

I'll put it on the list of things to look at if and when I give up on
Moin-moin. I wanted to go that way, as it seems the closest thing to a
'standard' python wiki.

I've gotten it installed, but am having some real grief with css. css
support is working on MS IE, but broken for Mozilla Firefox 1.0PR :-(

I've got an outstanding request for help on the moin-moin list. I did
try Irmen de Jong's suggestion to go to IRC (which I'd never used before
-- a real newbie for you!). However, at the moment, I'm out of town
(happy Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend!) so I'm stuck with a
1$/minute dial-up. Makes IRC a non-option.

So, if anyone is still following the thread and knows about why css
might work with IE but not FF, I'd love to hear about it!

Best to all,

Brian vdB