Python vs PHP

JZ z at b.com
Fri Oct 22 15:31:46 EDT 2004

Dnia Fri, 22 Oct 2004 03:56:44 -0700, Cliff Wells napisał(a):

> I've seen nothing in the Python world that compares to Smarty templates

I am using Smarty and I know them very well, but compiled Cheetah Templates
(http://www.cheetahtemplates.org) with its inheritance approach
is much powerfull and easier to use than Smarty. Cheetah can cache any
indyvidual placeholder or portions of template. Smarty caches only the
entire template output as a unit. Cheetah can be extended using inheritance
approach. Smarty can use only the containment aproach. Cheetah uses Python
with its all benefits. Smarty uses PHP with its messing function names, no
import idea, no namespaces idea, worse unicode library, no docstring, no
good free IDE/RAD editors etc.

--
JZ http://zabiello.om