Multithreaded tkinter GUI application exception handling

Oleg Paraschenko olepar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 22:19:49 EDT 2004

Hello Michael,

Michael Zhang <jianqiz at bigpond.com> wrote in message news:<BFRad.23545$5O5.22396 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>...

> The problem is when I tried to close that display window (click on the
> standard "X" button on the right-upper corner), I got this exception:

> Could someone help me out about those thread stuff? Thanks!

  I also had the same exception, but I can't remember what was the
reason. You can look at my working code, maybe it can help:

http://uucode.com/texts/pylongopgui/pyguiapp.html
A complete Python Tkinter application demonstrates one of the ways to
implement a good GUI wrapper for a long operation: with a progress
bar, log messages, cancelling.

--
Oleg