[OT] Where to host an open source project? Sourceforge? Who offers Subversion already?

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at gazeta.usun.pl
Mon Oct 11 14:50:35 EDT 2004

George Yoshida <ml at dynkin.com> pisze:

>> I never could get acquainted with CVS. I like Suberversion, however, and am
>> using it now instead of SourceSafe (yep, I'm on Windows).
>>
>> So the hoster should be able to offer access to a Subversion server.
>> Hmm, probably I had better asked, "where should I start my journey best?".
>
> If subversion is a must-have for your project and you're looking for
> a hosting service like sourceforge, I'll bet BerliOS is the best
> choice.
>
>    http://developer.berlios.de/

You can also host your project infrastructure wherever you want and use
one of open SVN repositiories (see list at
http://subversion.tigris.org/propaganda.html). Anyway, personally I am
really happy with BerliOS. Good support, nice people, many site
features.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/ | http://www.zgodowie.org/