[ANN] Boo 0.4.3 - python-like language for .NET/Mono

Cliff Wells clifford.wells at comcast.net
Wed Oct 13 15:12:38 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 12:04 -0700, Neuruss wrote:
> I've been playing with Booish a litle bit, but there are some things
> that I don't understand very well, and unfortunately, there's little
> documentation so far to read...
>
> I wonder if you could explain with an example how the static typing
> and the type inference work in Boo.
> I'd like to know "where", "when" and "how" should I declare types and
> when I shouldn't.
>
> Also, I'm not sure what you guys understand for "type inference". I
> used to think that it was a way to find out the types of the variables
> without having to declare them, but since Boo is statically typed,
> where does type inference fit in? How?

Um, despite my criticism of Istvan for jumping on an innocent
announcement, he does have a point (even if he presented it a bit
harshly): this is a Python list, not a Boo list.  A lot of people here
may or may not be interested in Boo, just as they are with Ruby,
Haskell, Lisp, et al, but that doesn't make it an appropriate place to
seek technical support on any of those things.  They have, or can start,
their own groups.

Regards,
Cliff

--