py2exe and CD-ROM ISO Level 1
werner_DOT_merkl_ at _fujitsu_DASH_siemens.com
Thu Oct 28 13:45:17 CEST 2004
[still looking for a solution]
we have written a Python EXE program, which should run via AUTORUN.INF
from a CD/DVD (Windows of course).
For this CD/DVD we us a imaging tool from Microsoft, which seam to
generate a pure ISO 9660 level 1 image.
- Only upper case letters A-Z and numbers 0-9
- 8.3 file names
For Python 2.2 and py2exe 0.4.1 this worked fine. Today, it does not.
- Is there an option to generate a py2exe program with PYTHONCASE set?
- Or do I need a wrapper? (My own C program, setting the environment
and then starting the Python EXE program.)
- Is there a tricky way to start up with code like
"import OS as os"?
- May I use my own case insensitive importer?
- Or do I need to recompile Python?
Thanks in advance
More information about the Python-list