ConfigParser shootout, preliminary entry

Istvan Albert ialbert at mailblocks.com
Sun Oct 17 23:10:10 EDT 2004

 From the docs:

 > "The config module can read config files in Microsoft's ini file format,
 > java's properties file format, or its own python config format -- these
 > can even be mixed."

To me this does not sound appealing. People might just end
up being confused of what the actual file format is.
All these formats are so simple that supporting them all
only makes the usage more complicated.

 > "as long as the components of the path are valid Python identifiers,
 > there is a more convenient attribute syntax available:"

This means that some features can only be used if the parameter
names are valid python identifiers, right? When I put it that way,
it is a bit less attractive.

Istvan.