File Polling (Rereading)

Daniel Mueller da_mueller at gmx.net
Thu Oct 21 11:24:09 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:

> Why?  Do you have any evidence that you have a performance problem
> related to reading the data from these pseudo-files?  (I'm guessing
> that you think they are real files on your hard drive, but even
> if that were the case, you probably haven't measured the access
> or read times to prove that you actually *have* a problem.)

Yeah i know that /proc is a virtual filesystem. And yes i know that the
files always have the pressent timestamp.

Well the application uses up to 10% of CPU power with every poll... is
that a normal amount??

Daniel

--
Please use my GnuPG (PGP) Public-Key for secure message exchange.
(http://157.161.155.222/damueller-pubkey.txt)