Collating Text and Images

Greg Lindstrom greg.lindstrom at novasyshealth.com
Wed Oct 27 16:35:41 EDT 2004

I have an interesting problem.  I have a (one) text file containing multiple
reports.  I have multiple TIF files, one for each page in the report file.
What I would like to do is merge the two files into one print job so that I
get a text page then the corresponding image, then the next text page, then
the next corresponding image, etc.  Currently we have 2 people doing the
collation by hand every day; this would save am immense amount of labor at
our shop. The work is being performed on an HP-9000 running UNIX and I can
read and process the text file, but can not figure out how to insert the
images into the print stream.  Can anyone help me out?

Greg Lindstrom                                         (501) 975-4859
NovaSys Health                  greg.lindstrom at novasyshealth.com

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"  W.W.