'telegraphy' as a means of data entry

Jeff Epler jepler at unpythonic.net
Mon Sep 13 08:39:46 EDT 2004

On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 03:44:03PM +0200, Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> also note that unlike Peter's example, the time attribute contains
> the time when the event was generated, not when it reached your
> program.

Beware!  In at least some old versions of Tk, the Windows version used a
function TkpGetMS to find the timestamp for an event, and TkpGetMS calls
GetTickCount(), which as far as I can tell from the documentation is the
wall time now, not when the event was generated.

In fact, this code still seems to be in the HEAD revision of tkWinX.c.
Well, it's my own fault for only fixing the bug locally, not filing any
kind of bug report with the tcl/tk people.

Jeff