Multiple Interpreters In a Single Thread

bmatt bsmatt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 14:43:55 EDT 2004

I wanted to follow up on my post and let everyone how I decided to
tackle this problem. If you see any inherent problems with my solution
or know of a better way to handle it then let me know.

I decided to run each script in a separate thread but force them to
run synchronously. This may seem like overkill but it allows me to use
separate python interpreters (secondary concern) and facilitates the
scripts ability to relinquish control back to the main application
thread so that it can wait a single program loop iteration or wait a
specific amount of time before continuing or wait for some other
defined event.