VB(ish) replacement

Joshua Kugler jkugler at bigfoot.com
Sat Sep 11 03:21:12 EDT 2004

If you are looking to stay close to VB, here are some to look at:

http://hbasic.sourceforge.net/
http://gambas.sourceforge.net/

Or for something completely different:
http://www.naken.cc/vb2c/

http://www.gnome.org/projects/gb/
Gnome basic, now dead.  However, mbas, the Mono Basic *is* alive and well,
and might be what you are looking for: http://www.go-mono.com/mbas.html
(site not accessible at time of post).

I may start a flame war with this, but from what I understand, VB is
actually a distant descendant of Ruby.  So, that might tell you something.