YOU ALL SUCK!

Jeff Epler jepler at unpythonic.net
Thu Sep 2 10:14:35 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 06:17:05AM +0000, Eric Bohlman wrote:
> "Amanita, Love Ewe" <ladyamanita at aol.com> wrote in
> news:1bf5bcb9.15695836 at aol.com:
>
> > Sharon expects the printer within hers and actually looks.  Why will
> > you grasp the ugly worthwhile onions before Satam does?  Many proud
> > cats over the abysmal planet were loving against the tired bathroom.
>
> This seems to be of somewhat better quality than the output of the typical
> random-text generator.  Can anyone suggest something on CPAN useful for
> such?

I'd guess that the text was generated from a grammar, rather than by a
dissociated-press type algorithm.  Two examples of "generate text from a
grammar" are the dada engine[1] with its famous grammar, the pomo
generator[2] and my own Novelwriting[3] for Python, which gave me 15
minutes^Wseconds of fame with "rottenflesh"[4]. (grammar at [5])

Jeff
[1] http://dev.null.org/dadaengine/
[2] http://www.elsewhere.org/cgi-bin/postmodern/
[3] http://unpythonic.net/~jepler/novelwriting/