up with PyGUI!

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Thu Sep 16 08:46:32 EDT 2004

Alex Martelli:

> Developing a tool such as, say,
> BlackAdder or WingIDE, should cost MUCH less over there, yet if sales
> are all done through the net it should not matter at all whether a tool
> is written in Brazil or Norway.
>
> Clearly it's not happening.  Even third-world countries with HUGE
> presence in the IT industry, such as India, are totally concentrating on
> developing custom applications, not tools for resale via the net.  As
> far as I know all commercial IDE's and other tools of that ilk come from
> Canada, the US, and the rich parts of Europe.  It's a puzzlement!

   Much of development staff at theKompany are located in Romania and
Ukraine. I've worked on development tool projects where most of the software
was developed in Egypt and India although the brand on the products appeared
USAn.

http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2000-10-15-012-20-PS-BZ-KE

   Neil