Broadcast

Michael Sparks michaels at rd.bbc.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 11:24:19 EDT 2004

Paul Clinch wrote:
> Thomas Weholt wrote:
>> Posted somewthing about a xmlrpc-webserver with multicast
>> capabilities, but I've solved all but the thing I've now learned is
>> called broadcast, not multicast.
>>
>> I need a simple way of sending packets to local subnet and getting
>> results from active servers. The mcast.py in the demo-folder of the
>> distro didn't do it for me, so if anybody has another example I'd be
>> very grateful.
>
> There some more extensive code in the PyRendezvous project. See http:/
> radio.weblogs.com/0105002/stories/2003/01/06
> multicastDnsServiceDiscoverForPython.html

This has been updated by the looks of things and added to sourceforge:
   * http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyzeroconf

Regards,

Michael.
Michael.Sparks at rd.bbc.co.uk
British Broadcasting Corporation, Research and Development
Kingswood Warren, Surrey KT20 6NP

This message (and any attachments) may contain personal views
which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.