Communication between remote scripts

ChrisH secun at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 09:00:02 EDT 2004

> In fact, given a certain interpretation of the description (remote
> monitoring of a running process) it might well be possible to do
> the whole thing in WMI. I have certainly had scripts running on my
> machine to monitor the progress of processes on several of the servers
> here. Depends what's needed exactly

Fantastic! I think, in this case, that would do the trick.

I have the following code that will monitor a process on a local
machine.

Can you give me an example of how to monitor a process on a remote
computer?

Thanks,
Chris

<code>

while (appRun == "1"):
        #print "Waiting %d seconds for app to close" % i
        rc = win32event.WaitForMultipleObjects(
                              handles, # Objects to wait for.
                              1, # Wait for them all
                              1000) # timeout in milli-seconds.