Math errors in python

Richard Hanson me at privacy.net
Sun Sep 26 15:52:18 EDT 2004

Anna Martelli Ravenscroft wrote:

> If you want people to find those sections when they are looking for
> answers to why their math calculations aren't working - I suggest you
> remove the "FLOAT" from the title. Something in the FAQ like: "Why are
> my math calculations giving weird or unexpected results?" would attract
> a lot more of the people you WANT to read it. Once you've roped them in,
> *then* you can explain to them about floats...

Excellent point.

(Or, "+1" as the "oldbies" say. ;-) )

Nice to "meet" you, too -- welcome! (Even if I'm primarily only a
lurker.)

(Alex mentioned you have a Fujitsu LifeBook -- I do, too, and like it
very much!)

---

[Note: I am having equipment and connectivity problems. I'll be back
as I can when I get things sorted out better, and as appropriate (or
inappropriate ;-) ). Thanks to you and to all for the civil
and fun discussions!]

Richard Hanson

--
sick<PERI0D>old<P0INT>fart<PIE-DEC0-SYMB0L>newsguy<MARK>com