ANN: YAPDL

Jeremy Jones zanesdad at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 1 18:44:58 EDT 2004

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

>                  TundraWare Inc. Press Announcement
>                       For Immediate Release
>                       ---------------------
>
> Announcing:  Yet Another Python Derived Language (YAPDL)
>
> Since it has been almost a whole week since someone has proposed
> another "Python Like" language, TundraWare Inc. is pleased to do
> its part in announcing its very serious intention to consider the
> possibility of perhaps, maybe, someday, creating and releasing
> "Yet Another Python Derived Language" (YAPDL).
>
> Major YAPDL Benefits Include:

You forgot to mention:
 - overcoming Python's HUGE, nearly insurmountable performance
difficulties by optimizing it to the point that anything smaller than a
3.0GHZ processor will burst into flames upon attempting to execute it.
We estimate that 99% of our time will be devoted to optimizing while 1%
will be dedicated to implementing YAPDL.  It may not work well, but at
least it'll be fast!