compiling to python byte codes

Maurice LING mauriceling at acm.org
Thu Sep 2 01:42:17 EDT 2004

Hi,

I remembered reading a MSc thesis about compiling Perl to Java bytecodes
(as in java class files). At least, it seems that someone had compiled
scheme to java class files quite successfully. I'm wondering if
something of such had been attempted in python, as in compiling X
language into .pyc. I do not understand the schematics of .pyc files but
I assume that they are the so called python bytecode files.

Or is there any documentation or books that is the python equivalent of
"Programming for the Java Virtual Machine" by Joshua Engel?

Thanks
Maurice
--
Maurice Han Tong LING, BSc(Hons)(MCB), AdvDipComp, SSN, FIFA
Doctor of Philosophy (Science) Candidate, The University of Melbourne
email: mauriceling at acm.org
resume: http://maurice.vodien.com/maurice_resume.pdf
www: http://www.geocities.com/beldin79/

The information contained in this message, including its attachment(s),
is CONFIDENTIAL and solely intended to its addressee(s) only. The
content of this message, including its attachment(s),  may be subjected
to copyright and privacy laws. If you have received this email in error,
please let me know by returning this email, and then destroy all copies.

"I cannot discover anyone knows enough to say definitely what is
and what is not possible" -Henry Ford
"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies
in a person's determination" -Tommy Charles Lasorda