Xah Lee's Unixism

Chuck Dillon spam at nimblegen.com
Fri Sep 10 15:41:51 EDT 2004

Coby Beck wrote:

>>And, of course, entertaining the possibility that his agenda is just
>>what he says it is, is completely out of the question.
>

> Not out of the question, be obviously untrue.

Again, I'll point out that it is naive to put this entirely on the
administration.  We're in Iraq because we effectively declared war.
The dance with the U.N. went on for some 3 months.  It was clear where
we were headed.  Our congress, including Kerry and all of the others on
the Democrat side, stood their ground.  They didn't revoke the
declaration.  They didn't even have debates on the subject.

If you condemn Bush on going into Iraq you condemn Kerry who stills
says it was the right thing to do.  His issue is with the details and
like most political rhetoric is mostly spin to underscore the negative
and downplay the positive.

While we're at it, you might also consider a more strategic view of why
we went to Iraq.  Publicly, all you are going to hear is glowing words
about the long term benefits of bringing democracy to the middle east.
  But that's only part of it and the governments, as well as religious
leaders, in the middle east know it.

If what you write below is what you really believe you aren't thinking
you are just regurgitating what you hear from those you listen to the most.

-- ced

--
Chuck Dillon
Senior Software Engineer