Access to MS SQL from Linux?

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Thu Sep 23 05:01:55 EDT 2004

[Joe Wong]
|  Thanks for the pointer, I just tried freetds with sybase
| python, I can use
| tsql to connect to MS SQL but the python library failed
|
| Sybase.DatabaseError: Msg 2, Level 5701, Line 1851877443
|
| I am using MSSQL 2000 server, is this a problem?

Unfortunately, I have no access to a Linux box at the mo,
let alone the one I tested that setup on a while ago. However,
just as reassurance, I connected with the Sybase and MSSQL
modules to a 2000-database without any problems. It was by
way of a proof-of-concept which never grew into anything else.

I assume you followed all the build instructions (things like -DHAVE_FREETDS
and so on)? Probably worth checking just to make sure, although I've
no idea what the effect would be if you hadn't.

If you get nowhere by investigation, either try the ODBC route to
see if that works for you and/or talk to the guys at Object Craft
to see if they can help. (Don't know if they actively monitor this
list or not).

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk