that is it is not it (logic in Python)

F. Petitjean littlejohn.75 at news.free.fr
Fri Apr 1 18:06:35 EST 2005

Le Fri, 01 Apr 2005 17:42:30 -0500, Jeremy Bowers a écrit :
> On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 22:01:25 +0000, F. Petitjean wrote:
>
>> Le Fri, 1 Apr 2005 13:39:47 -0500, Terry Reedy a écrit :
>>> This is equivalent to '(that is it) and (it is not it)' which is clearly
>>> false.

>>> Reread the ref manual on chained comparison operators.
>>
>> And see the date of the post :-)
>> that is it  isn't it ?
>
> Nope, nothing to do with it. Read the ref manual on chained comparision
> operators.
>
> http://www.python.org/doc/2.4/ref/comparisons.html#l2h-430
>
> For proof, run the given code in the original post. It's not faked in the
> slightest, and the manual holds the key to understanding.
*I* wrote the original post.  and am pretty sure it is not faked. And I
run it before posting to be sure not to say anything wrong. it is a kind
of relief to learn that computers in 2005 (even Python powered) are
humor-impaired and follow the « ref manual » every time even on first
April.

>>> There = True
>>> Python = map(bool, range(5))
>>> logic = True