Setting win32 console title from Python

runes rune.strand at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 10:33:56 EDT 2005

Hi Jay. It seems like my requirement is a light edition of your. I like
having many console windows open, and to make it easier to switch
between them, I like to name them.  Todays solution is rather tedious

- a batch file that calls a python script that isolates the directory
name and stores it in temp file the batch file reads and use as
argument in the title command.

It works fine, but I dislike the combination and the entire concept of
having to create a temporary file for such a small task. The "batch
language" is probably the most terrible scripting environment ever
created ;-)